Final applications reviewed for Ravenswood Adopt-A-Family program
Monday, Nov. 30, was the final day for taking applications for the 2020 Ravenswood Adopt program. Nine new applications have been picked up and were set to be reviewed on Wednesday along with four applications that were on “hold” from the previous meeting.
In the past three weeks, financial assistance for the program has been received to help take care of the families who are not adopted by churches, groups, and individuals.
Those donating include In Memory of Dean Carter - $100; Premier Bank, Ravenswood - $200; Milhoan Ridge Baptist Church Women’s Circle - $200; Mr. and Mrs. James Comer - $50; Larry LaCorte Sr. - $500; Judith A. Blare - $100; G. Robert Blare - $100; and Belinda Blare - $100.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, things are being handled differently this year. The program has not accepted used clothing, used furniture, or used toys. The CDC guidelines as well as temperatures being taken, the use of face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer, as well as social distancing, will be required.
The Committee also asks that no bags of clothing be left at the fire station, as they have no place to put them.
As of press time, plans are for the headquarters to open on Dec. 14, with only a few volunteers to fill the needs of the families who have not been adopted by churches, organizations, or individuals.
Families available for adoption include:
• Family #3 – Two people in this family. Need clothing for both, a small remembrance for each, and food for two.
• Family #6 – Three people in this family, a man, woman, and boy 14. Need clothing for all, gifts for the boy, and food for three.
• Family #7 – Three people in this family, mother, son 40, and girl 16. Need clothing for all, gifts for girl, and food for three. This family could also use towels and wash cloths.
• Family #12 – Six people in this family. Need clothing and gifts for boys 7, 9, and 13, food for six.
• Family #25 – Five people in this family, mother, father, adult male, and boys 6 and 1 year. Need clothing for all, toys and gifts for the children, and food for five.
• Family #30 – Three people in this family, husband, wife, and boy 16. Need clothing for all, gifts for the teen, and food for three.
• Family #33 – Two ladies in this family. Need clothing for both, small remembrances for each, and food for two.
• Family #50 – Five people in this family. Need clothing and gifts for boy 11 and food for five.
• Family #54 – Five people in this family, mother, father, grandmother, and boys 15 and 16. Need clothing for all, gifts for boys, small remembrance for grandmother, and food for five.
There are several families left to be adopted by churches, organizations, clubs, or individuals; with more having been approved at the Wednesday meeting.
If your organization or business would like to adopt one or more families, please call Sally Carter at 304-273-9897.