Circuit Court Report
The following cases were handled recently in the Jackson County Circuit Court:
Judge Lora A. Dyer
• Howard Shamblin was charged with possession of 10 or less counterfeit notes and was sentenced to two years of probation.
• Holly Hamon was charged with unauthorized use of an access device. Her sentencing was set for 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 5.
• Dale Smith Jr. was charged with possession with intent to deliver (heroin) and possession with intent to deliver (methamphetamine). He was sentenced to home confinement for one-15 years for the heroin charge and an additional one-five years for the methamphetamine charge. Sentences are to be served consecutively.
• Kyle Carmichael was charged with escape, reckless fleeing, and possession of a controlled substance. His bond was reinstated with a home confinement quarantine of 14 days. Carmichael’s sentencing was set for 10 a.m. on Oct. 5.
Judge R. Craig Tatterson
• Nicholas Stuck was charged with transporting a controlled substance into the state with intent to deliver (heroin). His sentencing was set for 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 24.