Commission hopes to resume in-person meetings in August
Editors Note: This information comes from proposed minutes from the telephone meeting held by County Commissioners Dick Waybright, Mike Randolph, and Mitch Morrison on July 15.
Once again, the Jackson County Commission conducted business via telephone as a continuance of its emergency session.
Future meeting plans are changing. On Aug. 12, the Commission hopes to conduct its first in-person meeting since the enactment of the emergency session procedures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These plans are subject to any guidelines issued by the state and county health department.
The AT&T tower structure release agreement for the Sandyville Broadband Project was approved. This will provide $1,000 per month in rent and $200 per month road maintenance for a period of five years and a 20-percent increase in payments for every five-year period thereafter.
Plans are also moving forward to put county records online. Commissioners approved County Clerk Cheryl Bright’s request to obtain proposals for a web server capable of providing this service. Records such as deeds, liens, releases, and oil and gas records will be available once the process is complete.
In other business, commissioners approved the following:
• Consolidation of lots into acreage for the purpose of taxation for Hartley Martin and Mark Westerhaver (Union District), James K. and Christal M. Randolph (Ripley District), and Dale A. and Anna M. Vanderlaan (Ravenswood Town).
• Budget revision #1 to the Coal Severance Fund
• Budget revision #2 to the General County Fund
• Drawdown #10 on the Sandyville Braodband Project in the amount of $3,112.18
• Hiring Amanda Paige Jones as part-time employee at the Jackson County Assessor’s office for temperature checks due to COVID-19
• Resignation of Evan Bain as part-time custodian effective July 31
• Termination of Jaclyn Miller as an EMT with the Jackson County EMS
• Transfer of Sean Gallagher from part-time to full-time EMT effective Aug. 1
• Cancellation of the July 22 commission meeting
The next meeting of the Commission is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on July 29, in a manner to be determined.
Note from the Jackson County Tax Department: Property Tax Payments
To avoid long lines at limited open windows:
• Mail tax ticket and payment to: Jackson County Sheriff' Tax Department, PO Box 106, Ripley WV 25271
• Call with debit or credit card information: 304-373-2280