Commencement ceremonies a go in Jackson County
The West Virginia Department of Education has announced that beginning June 22, in-person graduation ceremonies for West Virginia schools in outdoor venues will be permitted. As a result, Jackson County Schools will hold graduation ceremonies at both high schools on Friday, June 26 as follows:
• Ravenswood High School - 6 p.m. - Flinn Field
• Ripley High School - 8 p.m. - Memorial Stadium
In order to comply with the regulations regarding outdoor graduations, the following procedures will be in place:
• Each senior will be provided a limited number of tickets for family members to be admitted to graduation.
• Tickets must be presented for entry into graduation.
• All seating arrangements will be designed to adhere to the six foot social distancing requirement.
• Face masks or coverings are strongly encouraged.
• Both sides of the stadium will be utilized for seating the graduation audience.
• Due to social distancing limitations, shuttle service will not be provided within the stadiums.
• Anyone feeling ill should not attend the event.
• Due to the inability to move graduation indoors, in the event of severe weather conditions, it may be necessary to cancel the event.
Jackson County Schools is pleased that conditions will allow for in-person graduation ceremonies. The cooperation of graduates and their invited guests will be greatly appreciated as we work together to provide this graduation experience for our seniors.
Blaine C. Hess