The Jackson County Board of Education met in a special session on July 9 to consider financial and personnel items.
Board members Bobbi Farrell, Jim Frazier, Ben Mize, Dan Barnette, and Steve Chancey approved the purchase of 170 iPads for second grade classrooms at a cost of $49,980.
A number of personnel items were discussed and approved for the upcoming 2020-21 school year, including a virtual school coordinator position, along with a job description.
In other personnel items:
• Retirements: Donald Ramsey, maintenance, effective Aug. 1, 2020.
• Resignations: Amber Herdman, principal Henry J. Kiser, effective July 7, 2020.
• Employments: Stephen Null, HVAC II/electrician II/general maintenance effective July 28, 2020; Alexandra Miller, assistant softball coach, Ripley High; Jordan H. Haines, assistant soccer coach, Aaron B. Bennett, assistant baseball coach; Shelley Randolph, assistant softball coach, all at Ravenswood Middle; Baylee S. VanKirk, special education multi-categorical and physical education, Ripley High; Emily Crites, 2nd grade teacher Fairplain Elementary; Randy Boyce, custodian III, Ravenswood High; Jennifer Good, custodian III, Cottageville Elementary/Ravenswood Middle; Sarah Waybright, cook III half-time, Ripley Elementary; Jason Anglin, assistant football coach, Ravenswood High; Stephanie Southall, custodian III half-time summer maintenance program from July 10 through July 31, 2020
• Transfers: Mary B. Hunt, math teacher Ravenswood Middle to assistant principal Ravenswood High; Jo Boggess Phillips social studies teacher to librarian Ripley High; Kathy Bush, custodian III Evans Elementary/Ripley Elementary to custodian III Ripley High; Cynthia Kay, cook III half-time Ripley Elementary to cook III half-time Ravenswood Middle
• Other: Mallory Frampton, part-time school psychologist leave of absence for infant bonding from Aug. 1, 2020 through Jan. 1, 2021; change in effective date of transfer to July 10, 2020 for Jeanette Bowlby from music teacher/band director Ripley High to itinerant teacher general music/band Ripley Middle; Benjamin L. Hersman, authorized certified football coach Ripley Middle
The next regular meeting of the board will be at 7 p.m. on July 23 at the administrative office.