Editor’s Note: This information comes from proposed minutes from the telephone meeting held by County Commissioners Dick Waybright, Mike Randolph, and Mitch Morrison on June 3.
The Jackson County Commission, once again, conducted business by telephone at its June 3 meeting.
Commissioners discussed and acted upon the following:
• Estimates from Foam Coat Roofing & Coatings Inc. were approved, both addressing the courthouse, including removal of gravel from the gravel roof for $24,000 and $23,446 for the main roof.
• President Waybright was approved to execute the paperwork for the following grants awarded by the Jackson County Community Foundation: $1500 for the Rocky Knob Community Building and $9500 for WVU Extension.
• The recommendation of IT Manager Greg Thomas for a five-year copier lease with Komax Business for county offices beginning July 1, 2020 was approved.
• Renewal paperwork, retroactive to May 29, 2020, was approved for Johnson Controls for HVAC work on county building for 2020-2021.
• The application of Raymond and Judith Christian to consolidate lots into acreage for the purpose of taxation was approved.
The next meeting of the Jackson County Commission will be at 9:30 a.m. on June 10 in a manner to be determined.