Editors Note: This information comes from proposed minutes from the telephone meeting held by County Commissioners Dick Waybright, Mike Randolph, and Mitch Morrison on May 13, 2020.
Items discussed at the May 13 Jackson County Commission meeting included the following:
• A proposal from WVCorp for the property and casualty and workers’ compensation coverage for fiscal year 2020-2021 was accepted. Authorization was given to President Dick Waybright to execute the “coverage intent form” and “cover sheet to member agreement” retroactive to May 5.
• Drawdown #8 in the amount of $27,929.45 in CDBG monies for the Sandyville area Wireless Broadband Project was approved. Waybright was authorized to execute the same retroactive to May 5.
• A CARES Act funding grant application and grant agreement in the amount of $20,000 for the Jackson County Airport was approved for Waybright to execute, again retroactive to May 5.
• Authorization was given to Waybright to execute the Jackson County Flood Control Dam and Channel Operation, Maintenance Funding Agreement with the Western Conservation District.
• Cancelation of the May 20 commission meeting was approved due to testing of the voting equipment, which will take place at 1:30 p.m. that day.
• The employment of Evan Bain as a part-time custodian was approved due to additional court requirements.
• The cancellation of all Courthouse Lawn events and Jackson County Fairground events for May and June 2020 was approved.
• Only in state camping at the Fairgrounds for the months of May and June 2020 was approved.
• Allocation of up to $5,000 for the City of Ripley and the City of Ravenswood from the COVID Block Grant monies for COVID related expenses was approved. Invoices and proof of payment must be submitted for reimbursement.
With the May 20 meeting cancelled, the next scheduled meeting of the commission will be May 27 with the manner to be determined.