Beginning Tuesday, Jan. 21 through June 4, Jackson County Schools will be conducting hearing, vision, speech, and language screenings for the following students:
• All students needing re-checks from a previous screening.
• All students transferring to the Jackson County School System from an out-of-state school.
• All students with no record of a previous screening, including transfer students for who records have not been received within two weeks of enrollment.
• All Pre-K and kindergarten students who were not screened during the preschool or kindergarten screening clinics.
• All fourth grade students (hearing and vision).
The purpose of this screening is to identify those children who may exhibit deficiencies in the above listed areas which may hinder their educational progress. Screenings will be conducted by school nurses and certified, licensed speech therapists.