An Ohio man was arrested after leading Jackson County law enforcement officers on a pursuit that reached speeds of 130 mph.

Michael Dewayne Parton, 46, 451 High St. Southwest, Lot G, Carrollton, Ohio, was charged with fleeing with reckless indifference.

Around 5:30 p.m. on April 17, Lt. Brian Anderson of the Ripley Police Department responded to a domestic situation on Klondyke Road in Ripley. A woman who has a domestic violence petition against Parton reported he was threatening to come to the location where she was staying, according to a criminal complaint filed in Jackson County Magistrate Court. The woman stated Parton also made threats toward her friend.

The woman stated Parton had an active warrant in Wood County for allegedly violating the domestic violence petition, something the Jackson County 911 Center was able to confirm, according to the complaint.

The victim provided Anderson with a license plate number, and he began looking for the vehicle, a silver Pontiac G6. While attempting to locate Parton, Anderson received a call from the victim, who said Parton was in the parking lot at Walmart.

The victim told Anderson that Parton was waiting until dark to return to the Klondyke Road residence and “take care of her,” according to the complaint. The victim also stated Parton had a firearm with him.

Anderson went to the Walmart parking lot and located the Pontiac. He got behind the vehicle and attempted a traffic stop, but the driver accelerated to approximately 55 mph in the parking lot, running several vehicles off the road, according to the complaint.

The vehicle fled down Academy drive at speeds between 70 and 80 mph while there was heavy traffic in the area. In his report, Anderson stated the fleeing Pontiac ran other vehicles off the road, nearly causing several collisions.

The Pontiac turned west onto Main Street and Patrolman Kevin Luquez joined the chase. The fleeing vehicle got onto Interstate 77 north and accelerated to speeds up to 120 mph.

Deputy Camerson Saltsgaver of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department joined the pursuit, and Anderson called the Ravenswood Police Department for additional assistance. The 911 Center also informed law enforcement officials in Wood County of the pursuit.

The vehicle passed through several construction zones at speeds up to 130 mph, swerving in and out of lanes and running vehicles off the road, according to the complaint.

The pursuit crossed into Wood County and the vehicle came to an abrupt stop at Mile Marker 167. Parton was placed in custody and his vehicle was towed.