Free E-filing, as well as tax counseling and preparation, for taxpayers with middle and low incomes, with special attention to those 60 and older, is available from AARP Tax Aide.

You do not need to be a member of AARP or a retiree to use this service.

AARP Tax-Aide volunteers, trained in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service, will offer help with personal income tax returns in Ravenswood and Ripley.

Beginning Feb. 1, representatives will be at the Ravenswood Library from noon until 4 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays. They also will be at the Ripley Library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays.

Bring the following information:

• Photo identification for the taxpayers on the return.

• Social Security cards or ITIN documentation for all individuals on the return.

• Copy of last year’s return.

• W2 forms from each employer.

• Unemployment compensation statements.

• SSA-1099 form if you received Social Security benefits

• Income documents (forms 1099, 1099R, 1099G, or other 1099 forms, or self employment income).

• Brokerage statements for sale of stocks or bonds.

• Healthcare forms (1095 A, B, or C; marketplace exemption letters).

• Mortgage interest, medical/dental expenses.

• Information regarding federal or state income tax paid.

• Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security Number).

• Educational Expenses (Form 1098 T, student’s detailed financial school account or other education expenses).

• All receipts and canceled checks if itemizing deductions

• Checking or savings account for direct deposit of refund or direct debit of balance due.

• Any recent IRS or state tax department correspondence.