The Jackson County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help locating Brandon Hussell, who apparently has absconded from home confinement.
Hussell recently was arrested on a bevy of charges related to several thefts in the county. He was placed on home confinement as a condition of his bond.
“Apparently home confinement doesn't suit Mr. Hussell's lifestyle, as this morning he decided he had more important things to do and absconded. Hussell was last seen carelessly strolling down the street in the company of a seventeen-year old female,” the sheriff's department said in a statement released on Facebook.
Anyone who sees Hussell or knows of his whereabouts should contact the sheriff's department at 304-373-2290.
On July 6, Brandon Roy Hussell, 20, 137 Ivy Drive, Millwood, was charged with receiving/transferring stolen goods, two counts of grand larceny, daytime burglary, and breaking and entering, all felonies, in connection with four separate incidents that occurred on June 17, June 19, and June 20. His bond was set at $60,000.
On July 9, Hussell was arraigned by Magistrate Jacqueline Casto on an additional charge of transferring/receiving stolen property, according to documents obtained from Jackson County Magistrate Court.
The following are the incidents that resulted in the charges against Hussell:
• On July 5, Hussell was arrested while driving an allegedly-stolen Chevrolet Camaro on Crooked Run Road, according to police reports.
When police stopped the vehicle, a records check turned up an outstanding warrant issued as a result of the thefts. Hussell was taken to the sheriff’s office for processing and the vehicle was towed by Red Barn Wrecker Service.
• Hussell is accused breaking into a relative’s home June 17 and stealing approximately $200 in coins and approximately $2,000 dollars in cash, along with a 410-gauge single-shot shotgun and a box of 410 shotgun shells.
• Sometime between June 18 and June 19, Hussell allegedly stole a black 1993 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck from a residence on Paw Paw Lane in Cottageville. Police said they identified Hussell driving the vehicle in security camera footage from a local retailer, which result in the issuing of the warrant on which Hussell was arrested July 5.
• Also on June 19, Hussell allegedly stole an all-terrain vehicle from a residence on Antioch Road.
• Finally, on June 20, Hussell allegedly stole items from an outbuilding on Baier Ridge Road in Cottageville.