RIPLEY - The Jackson County Commission met for its regular session on July 2, 2014.
Dick Waybright called the meeting to order at 9:30 a.m. After a morning blessing followed by the pledge the Commissioners approved the minutes from the previous meeting. Beginning their first appointment with Ken Ross of NGC in regards to the bid opening for the Airport T- Hangar Construction-Paving Project.
In other action, Commissioners:
• Heard IT Manager Greg Thomas give his activities report.
• Approved revised “Jackson County Mapping and Addressing Ordinance.”
• Approved order regarding Griffith/Ison Estate.
• Approved exonerations as submitted by Assessor Brian Thomas.
• Approved fiduciary paperwork as submitted by Fiduciary supervisor.
• Approved the acknowledgment of the resignation of David Richardson as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney effective June 27, 2014.
• Approved the acknowledgment of the employment of John Allinder as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney retroactive to June 23, 2014.
• Approved the acknowledgment of the employment of Tyler Casto to work part time in the Sheriff’s Tax Office retroactive to June 18,2014.
• Approved the acknowledgment of the employment of Elaina Segsworth to work part time in the Elections Department.
• Approved the acknowledgment of the employment of Julia Pitts to work full time in the Jackson County Circuit Clerk’s Office retroactive to July 1, 2014.
• Approved the acceptance of Jeremy Rose resignation as an employee in the IT Department.
• Approved the change in order number 1 to the contract with Wolf Creek Contracting, which will decrease the project cost by $3050.
• Approved and authorized President Waybright to execute a contract with PRO 1 Electric to relocate a power pedestal on the Court House Lawn retroactive to June 23, 2014.
• Approved the employment agreement with Theresa Maston retroactive to April 1, 2014.
• Approved the adoption of grievance procedure under the American with Disabilities Act and Adoption of ADA Notice.
• Approved the cancelation of July 9th and 16th regularly scheduled Commission Meeting
After the commissioners reported the activities of the week followed by public comments.