JACKSON COUNTY - The Jackson County Board of Education met on December 12 and released the following personnel changes via the board agenda.
• Jennifer Steele-Staats, Teacher, Special Education, Autism, Ripley High School, effective December 13, 2013.
• Michael Bright, Boys Track Coach, Ripley High School (maximum 306 hours), beginning with the 2013-2014 school term.
• Jo Boggess Phillips, Mentor for Beginning Teacher, Ripley High School (maximum 100 hours), effective December 13, 2013.
• Carly Rader, Substitute Educational Sign Language Interpreter, on an as needed basis, effective for the 2013-2014 school term
REASSIGNMENT (by mutual consent)
• Justin Johnson, Teacher, Ripley High School, from Special Education to Social Studies, effective December 13, 2013.
• Eric Hupp, Authorized Certified Coach, Wrestling, Establishment of position, Technology Coordinator/Coach, to be paid from Title II funds, 240 days, effective for the 2013-2014 school term.
• Extension of employment for David Daniel, Technology Coordinator/Coach, from 205 days to 240 days, to be paid from Title II Funds, effective December 13, 2013.
• Extension of hours for teachers developing Math I Curriculum at $18 per hour, not to exceed a total of 18 hours: Lauren Fuhrman and Melissa Lough.
• Arthur Reynolds, Assistant Football Coach, Ripley High School, effective December 5, 2013
• Jim Frazier, Assistant Tennis Coach, Ravenswood High School, effective December 5, 2013
The Jackson County BOE meets again on January 9.