RIPLEY - The Ripley High School boys’ soccer team lost a pair of games this past week, losing to the host Huntington Highlanders 4-0 on Thursday, and then dropping a 6-0 decision to the visiting Hurricane Redskins on Saturday.
In Huntington, the Highlanders got on the board just four minutes into the game when the Highlanders Max Simpson hit a shot that deflected off the out stretched hands of Vikings Goalie Caleb Jennings to provide the Highlanders a 1-0 lead at the half.

In the second half, the Highlanders tallied 3 more unanswered goals to bring the final score of 4-0.
Coach Tim Ross stated after the game that the Vikings just played flat and played too much of a defensive set.  The Highlanders outshot the Vikings 20 to 5 while displaying overall good team speed.  

He did state that this game was a good learning experience and that they would use the film as a good learning tool to continue to improve.

Vikings goalkeeper Caleb Jennings had nine saves and Highlander keeper Chad Dye was credited with three.
On Saturday, the Redskins visited Memorial Stadium and left with a 6 to 0 win over the Vikings.  Loran Meadows and Guillermo Urgarte led the way for the Redskins with four and two goals respectively.  

Viking assistant coach Victor Boyce stated after the game that this week’s games are just an example of how good the level of competition is in MSAC conference.  He also said that he felt as if the Vikings outplayed the Redskins, but just could not capitalize on the opportunities and when you play a team like Hurricane you need to capitalize on every scoring opportunity.  

Both teams had 18 shots on goal with Ripley Keepers Caleb Jennings recording 10 saves and Easton Berry recording two while the Hurricane Keeper collected 5 saves.

Head coach Tim Ross stated that the Vikings currently just are not executing well on ball distribution but he has confidence his team will continue to work hard to put it all together.  

In JV action, the Viking reserves lost a close 2-1 game to the Hurricane Redskins.  The Vikings went on top 1-0 with 18:34 remaining in the game as Solomon Phillips gathered a loose ball in the box and scored the first goal.  
However, Hurricane collected two late goals to take the 2-1 victory.

The Vikings try to get back on the winning track this week when they travel to St. Albans on Tuesday for a 6:30 p.m. contest with the Red Dragons, return home on Thursday for an 8 p.m. contest with South Charleston Black Eagles, and then travel on Saturday to play the Sissonville Indians for a 6:30 p.m. matchup.