Ripley Vikings Lucas Simpkins and brothers Jake Martin amd Preston Martin have advanced to the Class AAA Championship Semifinals set for tonight (Friday) at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in Huntington.
• Simpkins (27-5) won by decision (5-3) over Sam Phillips of Parkersburg in the championship quarterfinals and will face Dakota Linger (38-5) of Buckhannon-Upshur in tonight's semifinals at 126 pounds.
• At 138, Jake Martin (30-6) pinned Jared Jones of Washington at the 5:09 mark of their championship quarterfinal match and will square off with Pt. Pleasant's Noah Searls (31-4) in one of the top matches of tonight's championship semifinal round.
• At 152, Preston Martin (31-6) decisioned Jeremy Francis of Hurricane, 9-3 in the championship quarterfinals and will take on Cody Spikns (38-3) of Musselmann in tonight's championship semifinals.
• At 132, Austin Hileman (24-6) dropped a major decision (10-1) to Scott Lopes of University in the championship quarterfinals, and faced a consolation round match-up versus Cody Shepherd of Huntington.
• At 120, Antonio Jones (18-16) decisioned Caleb Howell of Lewis County, 3-2, in consolation and next faced Jason West of Parkersburg.