Due to a high number of influenza cases and our concern for the health of our patients, visitors, and staff at Jackson General Hospital, JGH is imposing the following restrictions on patient visitation effective immediately.
1. No visitors under the age of 16 will be permitted.
2. No one who is elderly, or has a compromised immune system should visit patients.
3. If you currently have or are being treated for an acute illness such as bronchitis, influenza, or other respiratory symptoms, we ask you to delay visitation until your symptoms have resolved.
4. Anyone coming into the hospital with flu or cold symptoms should wear a mask.
5. Visitors should cover their cough (cough or sneeze into your sleeve).
6. Visitors to patients in isolation rooms will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as a gown, gloves, and a mask.
7. Visitors and patients should wash their hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer,
8. Consider limiting gifts, flowers, and other personal items brought for the patient.
9. Visiting hours will be enforced
You may call 372-2731 extension 1700 with visitation inquiries.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. This policy will allow us to provide a proper environment of care for our patients and help protect our visitors and employees.