Jackson County Commissioners approved the purchased an installation of an electronic lock for the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department evidence room as part of a busy agenda Thursday.
Sheriff Mike Bright presented the request for the electronic lock which will the date, time and identity of everyone who enters the evidence storage room via card key. Bright said he believes the electronic lock is a necessity, and its installation is a proactive move.
The system priced at $1,580.62 will be installed by ASAP.
Commissioners approved the purchased and installation.
Commissioners signed a proclamation declaring the week of Sept. 24-28 as West Virginia Association of Retired School Employees Week.
WVARSE members John Riddle and Wilda Lockart and Superintendent of Schools Blaine Hess were on hand for the proclamation signing.
Riddle said WVARSE represents more than 28,000 retirees and represents all retired school employees. WVARSE members contributed over one million volunteer hours to the state in 2011 and will contribute that many again in 2012.
Commissioners opened submitted bids for three vehicles—a 1998 Jeep Cherokee, a 2008 Dodge Durango and a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The high bidder for the 1998 Jeep was James Good at $1,701. The high bidder for the 2008 Durango was $2,058 and the high bid on the 2007 Jeep was $3,158, both submitted by Clendenin Used Cars. Commissioners moved to sell the vehicles to the high bidders.
In other action, Commissioners:
• Tabled action on airport mobile home bids and the fee to support Teen Court.
• Approved the transfer of Kathy Johnson from part time telecommunicator to full time telecommunication, retroactive to Sept. 1, 2012.
• Acknowledged the full time employment of Jonathan Delong as a court officer, retroactive to Sept. 4, 2012.
• Approved a financial statement for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
• Approved poll workers for the November General Election as submitted by the executive committee.
• Acknowledged the canvass for the November General Election to be held on Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 8:30 a.m.
• Acknowledged the part time employment of Linda Rhodes as an employee in the Sheriff’s Tax Office, retroactive to August 30, 2012.