The deadline to register to vote in this yearís presidential election is coming up, and as a reminder to register, today is National Voter Registration Day. Here are five things to know about registering to vote.
1. National Voter Registration Day is a nationwide movement designed to remind people to vote and to register to vote. It is held on Sept. 25 each year, not long before states declare registration over.
2. States have different deadlines for registering. If youíre not registered and want to check your deadline, go to the Election Assistance Commissionís state guide: http://www.eac.gov/voter_resources/contact_your_state.aspx.
3. If you were registered to vote in the last election, you donít have to re-register unless you have changed your name, address or party affiliation.
4. Registering or re-registering is as easy as filling out a Voter Registration Form. Go to this EAC page to get the PDF form. Follow the instructions on the form.
5. If you need more information, go to http://www.eac.gov.
5 things to know about registering to vote